2018 Science Communication Fellowship Applications
Applications are due March 1, 2018 and must be submitted electronically to email@example.com
Applications should include:
- A letter of recommendation from a professional mentor;
- A letter of support from a department chair, dean or work supervisor; and
- A letter from the nominee describing qualifications and why he or she wishes to participate; and
- The nominee’s CV with two sample publications in PDF format
- Fellows are early-career scientists from a diversity of sustainable science fields including green chemists and environmental health scientists
- Open to post doctoral fellows, junior faculty and early career scientists outside of academia with active research programs related to the environmental health sciences and/or green chemistry.
- Fellows will work from their home organizations by phone and the Internet.
- Fellows must be located in North America and be fluent in English.
- Up to 10 will be chosen. Each fellow receives a $2,000 stipend.
- Media mentorship and editing provided by a team of journalists, writing and presentation coaches, and science advisors.
- Each fellow receives individual career coaching.
- Monthly, fellows identify important new scientific findings within their area of expertise.
- Participate on monthly fellows training calls where fellows present these studies.
- Participate in monthly mini-trainings. Often there are short assignments prior to these trainings.
- Fellows prepare, practice and preform on film a presentation of their personal research and telling the story of why it is important.
- Attend a two-day, in-person workshop at the start of the program. Most likely early to mid June 2018.
Selection & Notification:
A committee of senior scientists and program staff will review nominations and choose up to ten fellows for 2018.
Applicants may be invited to a short phone interview with the committee.
Applicants will be notified by April 1.
The Fellowship begins in May 2018.